10 things you ‘may’ not know about Carly (that aren’t just about business!)….
I thought it would be a bit of fun to share 10 things you may not know about me personally.
What I didn’t think about in deciding this was that I am such an open book, it makes it very hard to actually find things you don’t already know about me and my journey! So hopefully here are a few of them. I would love to hear more about you too! Feel free to share in the comments!
- Give me a ball and a stick! I was a hockey player during my school years. I did try netball but much to my mums sadness I couldn’t handle all the rules and lack of contact! I loved the team environment, the belonging, the roughness and the winning!
- I am a ballerina….. I started Ballet at the age of 20. My mum wouldn’t let me do it as a child, so the moment I had enough money myself and a group I could jump into I got started. It was challenging learning ballet with 14 year olds who had been doing it since they were 3! But I loved it! Especially barre and the gracefulness and flow of the movements. I wasn’t even close to the amazing ballerina my sister-in-law is, but I loved it all the same!
- Here doggy doggy….. I am a dog person and grew up with bull terriers. Absolutely beautiful dogs who were so loving and patient when I dressed them up in baby clothes… They were not so loved when out walking and everyone took a wide birth around us despite their placidness.
- Did someone say Law?? When I was at school I wanted to be a lawyer (may have had something to do with Legally Blonde… haha! No, not really!). I changed schools in year 12 so that I could study legal studies. I missed out on law at Flinders Uni by 2 points! Ironically, it was the best thing that could have happened to me.
- My first business…… My first business was called BellyThere Personal Training. PT for women and particularly mums which is where a passion of mine was even before kids. This didn’t go any further as we made the decision to grow our franchise and our family instead. 🙂
- I was going to be a midwife…. I studied midwifery for a year after being accepted prior to having my first son (pregnancy and study didn’t go well together, so I deferred for a year). While I loved the content, placement made me realise that I am just not cut out for shift work or working for someone else. I was however cut out for looking after women and loved getting to support them (see a common theme with my careers?).
- Highschool Sweethearts….. I have been with my husband since I was 16. We won the Barbie and Ken award in year 12 and here we are 16 years later!
- I loved to save…. I used to be an incredible saver and would pay off any debt very quickly, making it my challenge to pay off my cars. I was slightly obsessed with the loan amortisation tools while I was in financial planning. I am not as good at saving now I have a mortgage and kids, but I have definitely had a love for knowing my numbers for a long time!
- I am not a Traveller…….. I have lived in Adelaide my whole life, barely moving within a 5 minute radius from when I was born (I LOVE the beach!)! While I have been to most states, I am yet to go overseas, mostly due to my dislike of planes!
- I am a mother of boys…… I have two young sons, quite the surprise given I come from a family of all girls (I have a sister who is 4 years younger and all girl cousins! My sister and cousins have all had girls!), we broke a bit of a drought in both our families (Shannons cousins were all girls on his Dad’s side! His cousins have all had girls, and there is only one other boy!)! I am slightly petrified of the teenage years as I have no idea what to expect! Boys are new territory for me!
Hope that was a bit of fun for you to read! I would love to hear more about you! Drop me an email HERE!
And don’t forget my NurtureMind group program starts next week, I would absolutely love to have you part of it! Find out more here: http://www.shenurtures.com.au/nurtureminds